Supervisor Revenue Cycle
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Supervisor Revenue Cycle, 40 HRS/week, Day Shift, (Monday-Friday), No weekends or holidays required
The Supervisor, Revenue Cycle will work with departments throughout the hospital to support patient financial services, promote a positive atmosphere and meet hospital goals.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
Responsible for maintaining properly functioning revenue cycle processes through a cooperative, cross-departmental network. He/she will concentrate resources on improving interdepartmental processes to improve patient throughput, reduce denials and enhance patient accounting operations in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow. Critical responsibilities include achievement of annual and periodic goals of revenue cycle performance and the hospital's overall financial performance:
- Supervises the daily activities of the team by assigning tasks, monitoring performance and maintaining schedules.
- Oversees activities to maximize the efficiency of operations within the revenue cycle function.
- Provides guidance by serving as a subject matter expert in the resolution of diverse issues within the revenue function.
- Participates in revenue cycle/billing, denial management/follow-up, Patient Access Services, HIM, lab, authorization/referral processing, and other hospital-based work teams.
- Works with management, clinical and other hospital departments, and the patient accounting staff to improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies, resolve related issues, and achieve the overall goals of the department.
- Maintains current policies and procedures for all departmental functions.
- Performs XClaim and Revenue Recover training in Revenue Cycle Systems for new users and monitors departmental clean-up of worklists.
- Monitors high dollar and aging accounts (unbilled, denials, follow-up) in systems for escalation with departments (DNFB, XClaim, Revenue Recover, RTS).
- Assist departments with resolving batch rejections daily.
- Reviews and ensures departments are reconciling charges on a daily basis.
- In partnership with CBO, follow-up on claim status and appeals including interaction with the payors.
- Attends weekly CBO meeting to review revenue cycle activities and address open-items with departments (billing, AR/follow-up, cash posting, CDM and vendor management).
- Attends monthly Patient Access Management meetings to provide feedback and address open items with local management regarding Revenue Cycle related activities being completed within the facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.Quality:
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.Knowledge:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.Customer Services:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction. EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting. EXPERIENCE / Qualifications:
- Preferred: Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience with MEDITECH system.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare collection and billing practices and computer systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment
- Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts; detect and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable and prepare and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding
- Ability to establish priorities effectively
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 126525