Supervisor, Revenue Operations
Supervises the processes and resources within the revenue cycle operations in order to maintain a high quality of service while ensuring timely payment for services provided. Responsible for supervising staff, process, and productivity for the assigned area(s) including but not limited to, billing, collections, cash posting, etc... The Supervisor, Revenue Operations works closely with the Manager, Revenue Cycle Management to assist with achieving financial goals and staff development.
- Supervises the daily operations of revenue cycle operations.
- Performs and/or assists in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Develops, monitors, coaches and manages assigned staff, ensuring the development of employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication of rules, constructive discipline. Builds employee morale, motivation and loyalty and fosters a team-like environment.
- Maintains professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Resolve requests from other departments within Steward in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide back-up coverage for absent team members to meet daily timelines as needed.
- Focus daily on complying with policies, processes and department guidelines for posting cash.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines
- Performs other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required. Cerner experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience At least 5 years’ related Accounts Receivable experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Word and Excel at an intermediate level.