Supply Chain Contract Analyst III
Under the direction of the VP Supply Chain, manages a portfolio of contracts regarding the supply, equipment and service formularies in assigned areas. Identifies contract opportunities, utilization improvements, spend impact and standardization opportunities through data mining activities, enterprise teams, and incoming requests from facilities. Drives standardization activities to completion. Runs forecast of expiring contracts and proactively designs plan for each one to ensure contracts are renewed or retired well in advance of expirations. Responsible for bidding and negotiating contracts for assigned area with oversight from VP Supply Chain. Attends value analysis committees meetings. Manages relationships with vendors. Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain.
- Manages portfolio of contracts regarding the supplies, equipment or services in assigned area of responsibility. Assigned expensive and complex categories such as Surgical Services, Lab and Purchased Services. Bids and negotiates contracts.
- Obtains price files and fully executed contracts with information required by VP Supply Chain including but not limited to appropriate terms and conditions that ensure adherence and compliance to all contractual, financial, Iocal and regulatory specifications or requirements.
- Inputs data into and maintains contract management system. Facilitates price uploads in Meditech.
- Uploads all contract related documents including, but not limited to, fully executed contracts, price files, spend impact analysis, etc., documents into contract management system and spend analytic systems.
- Generates forecast of expiring contracts and proactively designs plan for each to ensure contracts are renewed or retired at least a month in advance of expirations.
- Interfaces with GPO staff to evaluate GPO offerings and integrates them into portfolio as warranted.
- Audits and monitors current vendor performance as well as the contract or programs overall effectiveness.
- Audits contracts to ensure compliance.
- Works to achieve contract standardization and consolidation throughout facilities serviced.
- Serves as a resource in investigating products and services, assisting in budgeting, suggesting changes in product utilization and identifying standardization opportunities.
- Works with Value Analysis director and teams to standardize product offerings.
- Project manager for assigned initiatives including project schedule, minutes, agendas, action item lists and follow-up.
- Responds to inquiries from facilities, corporate and vendors.
- Reviews contracts for legal and business terms, facilitates through legal, and follows signature authority rules.
Expense Management Projects:
- Identifies opportunities for standardization and cost reduction via analyzing purchase history, industry benchmarks, contract compliance data and utilization information
- Interviews users, physicians and peers to identify possible standardizations and cost reduction opportunities. Benchmarks practices and utilization against others to identify improvement opportunities.
- Measures and tracks the financial results of standardization and cost-reduction efforts.
- Knowledgeable about products, equipment and services used in assigned areas of responsibility: what is available, what is needed, how they are used, who uses them and why they are used.
- Engage with vendor to resolve contract price discrepancies when in dispute.
- Conducts periodic business reviews with major vendors. Identifies and implements strategic alliances when advantageous per direction of VP Supply Chain.
- Resolves vendor representative issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain including but not limited to contracting, purchasing, IT, change management and materials related projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Extremely strong organizational, project management, communication, analytical, Excel and customer services skills.
- Outgoing and upbeat attitude that embraces process improvement and change management activities.
- Ability to track assignments and follow through to completion with minimal supervision
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Operations, Information Systems, or related field required
- 4-6 years of relevant job experience required
- Experience in a healthcare setting and with a contracts management system
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Material and Resource Professional (CMRP) a plus