Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 9/1/2021
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Supply Chain (SC) Analyst III will work under the direction of the Director, Process & System Performance and will be responsible for developing innovative data driven hospital supply chain solutions to help the company grow and cut costs as a leading healthcare provider. This position will be responsible for leading and presenting analytic projects, overseeing database design and infrastructure and acting as a key leader for supply chain analytics interfacing directly with end users. The Supply Chain (SC) Analyst III will provide fundamentally essential information to each division of the Supply Chain Department and Steward’s Hospital CEOs, CFOs and Material Managers, leading to cost savings, product standardization and efficient supply chain practices.
Steward’s supply chain department is rapidly evolving and analytically driven with a focus on efficiency and process improvement. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of urgency, ownership, project management, and strong technical and analytical expertise. This role is fast paced, requires handling multiple projects at once and will be extremely rewarding as projects will directly affect the bottom line of Steward’s hospitals.
Additionally this role will coordinate on various system process improvement initiatives and exciting ad hoc analytic projects as assigned by the Director, Process & System Performance.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Present analytic reporting and findings to Hospital end users (CFOs and Material Managers).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and business-oriented colleagues, as well as being able to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Act as a liaison between the Supply Chain Analytics department and Hospital end users.
- Vision to design and create new supply chain analytic tools to help drive hospitals operational and financial goals.
- Project lead on supply chain analytic products & solutions.
- The ability to understand various data models and algorithms tools and programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL and etc).
- Strong knowledge of database administration.
- Acute understanding of database quality assurance, ability to diagnose data errors.
- Assist supply chain team with DBA support when needed.
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects and data maintenance projects in the Supply Chain Department.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Desire to help and continually improve the capabilities of hospitals.
- Presentation skills and the ability to succinctly convey complex data models.
- Knowledge and familiarity with concepts in predictive analytics.
- Familiarity with hospital MMIS systems.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and/or other relational database management systems.
- Project management skills and the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- Vision to design and architect supply chain reporting products.
- Unquenchable sense of urgency.
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills.
- Desire to work as a team.
- Embrace change in an exciting fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with Supply Chain Department support processes in a Hospital or Health Care field.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): 5+ years managing enterprise data warehouses. Health Care/Hospital Supply Chain data management experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Project Management certification (PMP) preferred.
- Software/Hardware: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft SQL; Access/Excel skills required; other Microsoft Office skills a plus.
- Other: Previous healthcare, supply chain, or materials management experience a plus.