Supply Technician- Operating Room- Full time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Full Time 40 Hours per week
Supply Tech needed for busy operating rooms for Holy Family Hospital.
• Inventories and orders all of the outside items by using the Meditech issuing routine and using the first in – first out process
• Inventories and orders all suture inventories by using the Meditech issuing routine
• Inventories and orders the few items in the positioning and instrument room.
• Updates all inventory sheets and locator book to include pars, Meditech #s, and
• Works with Materials Stock staff for "Just in Time" orders; works with Centralized Purchasing on all backorders and regular storeroom orders.
• Receives all calls from the floors for supplies and is the direct contact for all storeroom supply issues.
• In collaboration with the Clinical Leaders and Service Leaders - initiates all recalls and removes items from shelves. Once removed from shelves, brings the product(s) to Materials Management.
• Monitors all expirations in Storerooms and prepares them for return, trade and possibly removing from shelves and inventory.
• Is a resource person for all Staff
- Assists with all Operating Room repairs. This process will include the following: completion of paperwork; send to Materials Management (MM); notify MM if a loaner is necessary.
- Keep and maintain the repair log book
- Works with Clinical Engineering (Biomedical) when electrical equipment requires repair.
- Helps with the billing process – composing requisitions
- Responsible to monitor all refrigerator temperatures and will maintain accurate documentation of all pertinent temperature data, including communicating when there is a complication with maintaining temps.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Leaders & Service Leaders, updates the specialty carts. This Includes changes in par levels and removal of unused items.
- In collaboration with the Service Leaders and Clinical Leaders initiates all recalls and removes items from the shelves.
- Once removed from shelf, will bring to MM Department.
- Assists the OR Materials Coordinator with all trials.
- Assists with reprocessing responsibilities.
- Rotates the x-ray badges monthly.
- Appropriately prioritizes responsibilities (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with SPD, staff, and is the main contact person for reprocessing.
- Promotes learning for self by attending development programs, etc....
Qualifications: High School Graduate/ GED required; previous Surgical and materials management experience preferred. Computer experience in inventory and ordering processes preferred
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.