Support Aide - Emergency Services - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- Assists with preparation for patient's discharge (e.g., check belongings, get wheelchair & escort patient out).
- Seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources and recognizes the need for emergency intervention.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self, functions as a preceptor.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues and reports them to the RN.
- Reports in a timely manner to the primary RN the patient's complaint of pain.
- Transports patients to & from different areas of hospital safely and efficiently.
- Assists the staff in trasferring patients to and from stretchers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains and restocks supplies & equipment (e.g., gloves, oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, stretchers, etc.) and precaution carts.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports hourly rounding in the department.
- Incorporates the 4Ps during rounding - Pain, Potty, Positioning, Personal Possessions.
- Assists in maintaining an orderly, clutter-free and clean environment.
- Aheres to Infection Control policies.
- Deliver and pick up of supplies, meds, labs, etc. to and from other departments.
Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), and kneels (bending the legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees).
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.