Surg Tech Cert First Assist OR - Full Time - SLRMC
**$7,500 sign on bonus, 1 year experience required
**Great Health Benefits, 401k and generous PTO
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you'll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Health, Men's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Surgical First Assist
Under the general supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Surgical Services Director, Clinical Coordinator and Registered Nurse (RN) on duty, the Surgical Technologist, First Assistant (STFA) collaborates with the surgeon and the health care team in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient. The STFA practices perioperative nursing and must have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgment specific to the clinical practice. The STFA practices in collaboration with and at the direction of the surgeon during the intraoperative phase of the perioperative experience. The observable behaviors are based on an extensive body of scientific knowledge. The STFA will not perform surgical tasks outside the scope of practice; for example making a skin incision prior to the arrival of the surgeon. Works as the instrument scrub technician when not in the STFA role. Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education program (CAAHEP) accredited program in order to pass the CSFA exam offered by The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Three (3) years experience as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Must be able to use general office equipment, to include: fax machine, multi-line phones, copier machine, and computers.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Requires Certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) and Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) from NBSTSA.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123102