Responsible for the scheduling of all surgical procedures, and related testing for surgery patients. The Surgical Scheduler organizes and schedules the work flow of the surgeons’ operating room schedule assuring maximum use of OR time.
- Schedules all surgical procedures for all l surgeons. This includes all major procedures, as well as, minor procedures.
- Communicates pre-procedure information to patient which may include: date of procedure; arrival time or time of transfer; pre-procedure instructions (medication instructions, arrival instructions, directions to hospital, discharge information, answer patient questions regarding procedure).
- Obtains insurance authorization of all procedures.
- Works closely and maintains excellent relations with various department personnel within the Hospital system.
- The Surgical Scheduler provides front-desk/reception coverage as needed and deemed necessary by the Manager.
- The Surgical Scheduler will take on different and/or additional responsibilities as needed and deemed necessary by the Practice Manager.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree or three years experience in a related health care environment preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Three years experience in a related health care environment
- Articulate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and with experience in dealing with both patients and health care providers.
- Necessary attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding and familiarity of medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.