Surgical Tech Cert OR
Up to an $8,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS WITH A 2-YEAR COMMITMENT!
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit.
The Surgical Technician is a health professional working as a part of the team delivering surgical care. Surgical Technicians are members of the surgical team. They process knowledge, training, and skills in sterile and aseptic techniques and will scrub and assist on surgical procedures using the aseptic technique.
- Graduate of accredited school of Surgical Technology
- BLS (within 90 days of hire)
- Background Checks (as required by state and federal regulations
- Controls and maintains the environment of the surgical patient. Ensures traffic around the field is observed and controlled to maintain sterility. Disposes of waste properly, cleans equipment and instruments according to industry standards.
- Adheres to aseptic practice to create and maintain a sterile filed.
- Inspects sterile items prior to opening for possible contamination or sterility expiration
- Properly drapes the patient.
- Pass instruments properly and anticipates needs of the surgeon and the case.
- Prepares sterile dressings.
- Gowns and gloves surgical team.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilizations with immediate spraying and opening of instruments prior to taking to the decontamination room.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Vacation time
- Sick time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.