Surgical Tech Full Time Days
Assists with nursing care of the patient in the operating room and functions as a member of the surgical team as a surgical scrub technician. Counts all countable items accurately and timely. Does not misplace /mishandle instruments and equipment. Begins decontamination on used instruments immediately and returns instruments to Sterile processing appropriately and safely. Performs scrubbing functions during the patient’s operative/invasive procedure. Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and basics of operative procedure to be performed. Participates in Safe Procedure review / Universal Protocol and Time out.
BLS issued though American Heart Association
Technical School/1 year College
Sebastian River Medial Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.