Surgical Tech Full Time Days
Sebastian River Medical Center (SRMC), a Steward Family Hospital, nationally recognized facility located along Treasure Coast of Florida, offering high-quality care close to home. Housing over 150 beds, and fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Sebastian River boasts over 100 affiliated physicians, over 650 nursing and ancillary staff, and nearly 200 volunteers. When patients are in need of acute hospital care, Sebastian River provides state-of-the-art technology, as well as comprehensive emergency services and award-winning surgical care.
Sebastian River Medical Center is committed to achieving the highest level of measurable quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care services that are responsive to the needs and values of our patients, physicians, employees, and visitors. Sebastian River Medical Center is currently undergoing a facility expansion by adding another 46 patient rooms and an Operating Room expansion in which we are excited to better serve our community.
- Assists with nursing care of the patient in the operating room and functions as a member of the surgical team as a surgical scrub technician.
- Counts all countable items accurately and timely.
- Does not misplace /mishandle instruments and equipment.
- Begins decontamination on used instruments immediately and returns instruments to Sterile processing appropriately and safely.
- Performs scrubbing functions during the patient’s operative/invasive procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and basics of operative procedure to be performed.
- Participates in Safe Procedure review / Universal Protocol and Time out.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.