Surgical Tech / OR Tech $30.87/hr-$45.90/hr M-F 3P - 11:30P
Looking for an evening job while homeschooling?
St Elizabeth Hospital in Brighton, MA. is hiring a:
Surg Tech / OR Tech
to work evenings: 5 shifts weekly from 3PM - 11:30PM M-F
On Call required holidays/nights/weekends
NBSTSA certification required
1 year experience desired
St Elizabeth Medical Center is part of the Steward family of hospitals.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
The Surgical Technician (OR Tech) is an essential member of the Surgical Team; a trained professional who possesses extraordinary technical skills as it relates to supporting all surgical specialties. The role of the OR Tech encompasses technical skills of scrubbing, assisting the Perioperative Team with activities within the operating room, clinical knowledge of a variety of Surgical procedures, clinical teaching skills, continuous quality improvement and a variety of OR-related duties (including pre, intra and post).
· Expertly performs role of a resource surgical technician in all surgical specialties
· Performs scrub duties according to procedure, demonstrating a high level of skill and efficiency, while displaying the surgical consciousness required within this highly specialized environment.
· Works closely with all Perioperative team to facilitate and coordinate exceptional, efficient, and quality patient care.
· Contributes to the team by participating in staff meetings and in-service presentations.
· Accountable for accurate counts of sponges, needles and instruments as appropriate before, during and after surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of national patient safety goals.
· Acts as preceptor for staff members for all aspects of the Perioperative
· Demonstrates collegial behavior of respect and consideration with regard to work environment (i.e. restocking rooms, returning equipment/supplies for other surgical procedures, cleaning work areas/station and or communication as appropriate).
· Has a surgical conscience in the principles of aseptic technique in maintaining a sterile environment.
· Anticipates the instruments/equipment the surgeon will need next.
· Assists in turnover of rooms and preps OR for patients.
· Is an active participant in the “Time Out” giving one’s full attention to the process and will speak up if something does not seem right, stopping the line until there is resolution.
· Team player who can complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
· Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at surgeon’s request during procedure.
· Handles tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis.
· Organize and restock the OR following surgical procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team providing excellent specialized care.
· Ability to maintain good working relationships with surgeons and other employees.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to communicate in English verbally and written
· Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and proficiency in all aspects of the Surgical Technician role including case preparation, set-up, aseptic technique, surgical instrumentation, equipment and supplies, and room turnover.
I. Education: High School graduate and/or GED. Accredited Surgical Tech Program Required. Associates Degree preferred.
II. Experience: Minimum 1 year Surgical Tech experience in a hospital setting required
III. Certification/Licensure: National Certification as a Surgical Tech required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.