Surgical Tech Per Diem
- Assists with nursing care of the patient in the operating room and functions as a member of the surgical team as a surgical scrub technician.
- Counts all countable items accurately and timely.
- Does not misplace /mishandle instruments and equipment.
- Begins decontamination on used instruments immediately and returns instruments to Sterile processing appropriately and safely.
- Performs scrubbing functions during the patient’s operative/invasive procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and basics of operative procedure to be performed.
- Participates in Safe Procedure review / Universal Protocol and Time out.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.