Switchboard Operator - Part Time - Davis Hospital
The PBX Operator ensures that all incoming and in-house calls are responded to in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner. Operates PBX Switchboard including answering calls, transferring calls, overhead paging, assisting patients in making long distance calls when appropriate, and reporting any system malfunctions to Engineering. Responsible for monitoring all emergency alarms and announcing such emergencies promptly overhead as outlined in the Code Procedure outlines (kept in department). Responsible for communication and instruction during all hospital emergency codes according to hospital policy and procedure guidelines.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Must be detail oriented and should be able to multi- task.
- Must have excellent communication and phone skills.
- Must be self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.