Switchboard Operator - Per Diem
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Telecommunications for controlling the communication process for patients, staff and community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Operates communications equipment.
- Communicates implementation of emergency procedures.
- Acts as an information source to patients, staff and community.
- Performs as an extension of the physician office staff.
- Assumes responsibility for specific activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
High school graduate or GED with no prior experience or specialized training. Requires up to 18 month’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility.
None required for this position.
Broad knowledge in professional area. Ability to type 25 words per minute