Switchboard Operator - PRN - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first-class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital's highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
The PBX Operator ensures that all incoming and in-house calls are responded to in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner. Operates PBX Switchboard including answering calls, transferring calls, overhead paging, assisting patients in making long distance calls when appropriate, and reporting any system malfunctions to Engineering. Responsible for monitoring all emergency alarms and announcing such emergencies promptly overhead as outlined in the Code Procedure outlines (kept in department). Responsible for communication and instruction during all hospital emergency codes according to hospital policy and procedure guidelines.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Must be detail oriented and should be able to multitask.
- Must have excellent communication and phone skills.
- Must be self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Davis Hospital and Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.