Switchboard Operator (PRN)
POSITION SUMMARY: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Under the direct supervision of the PBX Supervisor, the PBX Operator is responsible for operating the telephone switchboard to relay incoming and outgoing calls and for performing miscellaneous hospital communications and clerical duties. Responsible for alarm monitoring; call codes according to policy; page various physicians and hospital personnel.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One to two years hospital experience or comparable PBX/Cashier experience preferred.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.