- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Skilled utilization of the computerized telephone/paging system (Xtend) (includes data input).
- Answer, assist and direct a high volume of calls efficiently while communicating clearly, politely and professionally.
- Perform paging/answering services for hospital staff and execute related functions, record coverage status, take messages, update pertinent information, make system changes, maintain telephone logs on telephone/technical/pager and television problems.
- Record and report telephone related problems to management.
- Ability to perform simultaneous tasks and execute appropriate judgment under sometimes hectic and stressful circumstances.
- Capable utilization of numerous on-call schedules.
- Process calls regarding "Interpreter Services" following established procedures.
- Respond to and process TDD calls.
- Act as Security Dispatch and Patient Information during off-hours.
- Recognize system problems, failures and be familiar with "back-up system and the procedural follow-up.
- Work without direct supervision, exert excellent judgment based on sound logic and adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional, pleasant and helpful manner. Communicate in a warm and courteous manner.
- Anticipate customer needs and be flexible in responding to them.
- Monitor all alarms and respond/report according to Hospital procedures.
- Reports immediately to the Director, any deviation of normal operation
- Reports immediately to the Director of any unusual occurrences related to patients, staff or general public.
- Reports all incidents and/or breeches of procedures to the Director.
- Is accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the all Hospital related, staff related and patient related data and information.
- Is accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for accurately recording/reporting all technical information relative to codes, etc.
- Is accountable for observing all policies and procedures of the department and the Hospital.
- Performs related duties as needed and occasionally assists in special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned