At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Position Title: Switchboard Operator
Job Summary: Coordinates telephone communication at Saint Anne’s Hospital essential to the delivery of community healthcare.
- Able to carry out procedure for Code 99
- Able to activate safety net through the internet and wireless activation
- Carries out procedures for all alarms for buildings/equipment
- Capable of answering calls in a courteous manner with less than three verified complaints in a review year.
- Able to give direction in a clear, courteous, polite manner
- Maintains guest/customer relations philosophy in accordance with established standards
- Capable of using computer system to access patient information
- Capable of obtaining necessary documentation for the completion of death certificate by notifying physician
- Provides patient information after hours
- Provides physician answering service
- Documents all Dr. Reds/Dr. Drills according to hospital policy
- Implements hospital policy during natural and manmade disasters using disaster call list
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience: Previous experience preferred. Three to six months on the job training.
Other skills and abilities: Ability to operate multiple position telephone switchboard and perform miscellaneous communications and clerical duties as assigned.
Equipment/Software/Certification: Typing and phone skills required. Xtend software a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.