At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Position Title: Switchboard Operator
Job Summary: Coordinates telephone communication at Saint Anne’s Hospital essential to the delivery of community healthcare.
- Able to carry out procedure for Code 99
- Able to activate safety net through the internet and wireless activation
- Carries out procedures for all alarms for buildings/equipment
- Capable of answering calls in a courteous manner with less than three verified complaints in a review year.
- Able to give direction in a clear, courteous, polite manner
- Maintains guest/customer relations philosophy in accordance with established standards
- Capable of using computer system to access patient information
- Capable of obtaining necessary documentation for the completion of death certificate by notifying physician
- Provides patient information after hours
- Provides physician answering service
- Documents all Dr. Reds/Dr. Drills according to hospital policy
- Implements hospital policy during natural and manmade disasters using disaster call list
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience: Previous experience preferred. Three to six months on the job training.
Other skills and abilities: Ability to operate multiple position telephone switchboard and perform miscellaneous communications and clerical duties as assigned.
Equipment/Software/Certification: Typing and phone skills required. Xtend software a plus.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 123684