System Deputy Compliance & Privacy Off
The West Division System Deputy Compliance & Privacy Officer will lead a team of Directors (who are assigned to local provider entities serving as Compliance & Privacy Officers) Compliance & Privacy Specialists for various Steward entities in the West Division.
This position reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for Steward Health Care System (Steward) with indirect reporting to assigned divisional executive leadership.
The West Division System Deputy Compliance & Privacy Officer needs to be a person of high integrity, and any other duties assigned should not be in conflict with the Steward’s compliance program goals and objectives.
This position will be based in Utah and may require some travel to the other Steward locations as needed.
The role involves assistance with both strategic leadership of OCCP’s Compliance & Privacy Team and strong collaboration with entity-level management teams.
Specifically, the West Division System Deputy Compliance & Privacy Officer is responsible for driving implementation of Steward’s Compliance Program at both the system and any local provider entities for the Division; including leading compliance program activities for newly acquired or newly created provider entities.
This position is also responsible for driving compliance & privacy program “operational excellence” (i.e., standardization, scalability, effectiveness and efficiency) system-wide. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for adapting the capability of OCCP’s Compliance & Privacy Team to meet an evolving landscape of regulatory compliance requirements across a growing number of operating units.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with all general health care compliance and privacy regulations required.
- Working knowledge and advanced experience with all general health care compliance and privacy regulations, including interpretation and application required
- Familiarity with operational, financial and information technology security regulations
- Strong supervisory / management skills
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills a must
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to function effectively in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to remain composed and even-tempered
- Ability to prioritize and plan work independently
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Effectively work with and coordinate the activities of external consultants and legal counsel
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and proactively respond
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Sound business judgment and advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education Experience Licensure Technical:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree desired.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years experience in compliance and privacy for the Healthcare industry at a managerial level, with demonstrated success and evidence of progressive responsibility & leadership. Advanced compliance and privacy, project management and program oversight experience.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification in Healthcare Compliance and Certification in Privacy required,
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet skills required.
- Other: Travel Requirements: Ability to travel regionally and nationally. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide
- own transportation and be able to travel to Steward locations using a variety of modes of transportation.