Systems Administrator *Remote Available*
Under general direction of the Manager Client Infrastructure Design, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for designing and developing standard configurations and software images for the Steward Health Care System desktop and end user computing environment. The Systems Administrator will develop, manage and implement new hardware configurations and maintain the existing desktop images in a large dynamic enterprise with more than 35,000 desktops and laptops. The Systems Administrator will also configure, deploy & maintain software installation packages, install and maintain new computer hardware including in the lab/testbed environment. Systems Administrator will also configure & maintain the SCCM & 1E Windows Servicing Suite environments, as well as the MS Intune environment. Multitasking, critical as well as creative thinking, and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment are essential skills for this role.
• Create new images for new hardware. Maintain and update the existing desktop images
• Configure and maintain SCCM & 1E Windows Servicing Suite environments
• Configure & Maintain Steward Enterprise MDM environment
• Research and evaluate existing software imaging technologies and new imaging software for the enterprise wide implementation.
• Test and evaluate software updates and customizations
• Design and implement new or enhanced Windows Desktop provisioning & management
• Develop standard installation procedures and packages to automate delivery of software
• Research and evaluate new hardware such as personal computers, laptops, hand-held computers, etc. in order to help create standards for the organization.
• Analyze and test software and hardware for interoperability and compatibility with the complex network and other components of the IT infrastructure necessary to maintain and run the mission critical hospital systems.
• Develop and provide documentation and training for imaging and installation.
• Provide Microsoft Patch Management for desktop and servers
• Assist with Active Directory support and design
• Provide 3rd level support for Desktop techs, and other IT Specialists.
• Design and implementation of Windows virtualization technologies, including application and desktop virtualization
• Technology/process evaluation, recommendation, and implementation
• GPO & Custom Windows script creation
• Execute project deliverables
• Provide training and mentoring to junior staff
• Travel to other sites required
• All other duties as assigned
• Participate in 24/7 on call rotation – available via page/text
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
• Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external)
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect to differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), OS Deployment Pack (MDT Preferred), Patch Management and WSUS – 1E Windows Suite experience is a plus
• Expert level administration and troubleshooting of Windows OS’s including Server OS
• Active Directory security and Group Policy Objects
• Networking fundamentals
• Understanding of the ITSM - ITIL Certification preferred
• Interpreting data from Windows Performance Monitor and Microsoft Network Monitor
• PowerShell scripting – PowerShell App Deploy Toolkit experience preferred
• Adhering to Change Management process
• Strong self-starter with a proven track record of accomplishment
• Documentation of procedures and environment
• Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
• Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service skills
I. Education: 4 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
II. Experience: 7 years’ experience in a customer services focused environments.
a. MCSE Preferred
a) Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), OS Deployment Pack (MDT Preferred), Patch Management and WSUS – 1E Windows Suite experience required
b) MS Intune Administration
c) Expert level administration and troubleshooting of Windows OS’s including Server OS
d) Expert knowledge of Active Directory security and Group Policy Objects
e) Networking fundamentals
f) Understanding of the ITSM - ITIL Certification preferred
g) Windows Performance Monitor and Microsoft Network Monitor
i) PowerShell scripting – PowerShell App Deploy Toolkit experience required
a. Occasional Travel is required to Steward Health Care Hospital facilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.