Systems Project Manager
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live.
Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Systems Project Manager (athenaNet) will help execute and support the implementation and ongoing changes to the company's organizational and business technology solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Subject Matter Expert on athenahealth suite of products, including user and permission/roles, security, and data models.
• Create and manage the athenaNet UPM-governed and standardized role-based user permissions for system(s) users for both clients and UPM.
• Identify and execute on outstanding tasks in athenaNet
• Participate in periodic review of systems audit process evaluations to identify and reduce potential risks of exposure to PHI or access to system functionality a user would not require to perform job duties. Make improvements to audit process.
• Provide vital analysis of any proposed permission changes to athenaNet, or other systems that may affect clients or revenue cycle teams that utilize systems. (i.e., proposed software updates and/or monthly release patches)
• Collaborate with other departments to identify cross-functional impact to support or training needs when system permissions have user impact, collaborate on strategy to minimize downstream impact.
• Utilize data analysis tools to develop ad-hoc reports related to work queues, utilization, productivity, activity or history of system.
• Maintains all information relating to problems, solutions, and changes to system setup.
• Work closely with the Manager to identify existing and future needs, build, and maintain systems needs for existing and future systems.
• Builds guidelines and periodically review standard workflows for organizational and business needs.
• Participates in vendor evaluation process, planning, testing, and implementation of new business systems, integrations, and business system enhancements with global impact to organization and/or clients.
• Participates in vendor/client/project meeting(s) as needed to ensure that developmental projects are transitioned into production. Analyzes the needs and requirements of users and develops documentation as needed.
• Interface with users of business systems technology and integrations, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service.
• Assist in troubleshooting potential and/or current problems by engaging with system vendors to proactively address concerns and respond to problems timely manner (including root cause analysis).
• Understand and document business workflows in the organization and work with line management to make improvements.
• Work with other users and technology teams to define and document requirements for system projects (package or customer).
• Perform user acceptance testing to verify that a project meets defined requirements.
• Manage and assist with the deployment and training for new technology or enhancements to existing technical solutions.
• Adhere strictly to all compliance and change control management policies and procedures.
• At least 3 years previous healthcare or organization healthcare technology experience required; previous experience in athenahealth product suite strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of revenue cycle, practice management and EMR
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of HIPAA, HITRUST and other healthcare industry laws and legislation.
• Expert computer skills especially with the typical systems and applications used to perform this role; and experience with Microsoft applications.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; 3 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15050