Talent Acquisition Specialist
Under general supervision the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) counsels applicants about job opportunities within the hospital, screens resumes and applications, interviews qualified applicants for various positions, schedules candidates to interview with hiring manager and conducts offers of employment. The TAS will initiate background checks and prepare documents to assist HR in the new hire process. The TAS confers with requesting departments regarding staffing needs, trends, position requirements and strategies. The TAS will initiate contact and schedule recruiting visits to colleges and schools, professional meetings and conferences. The TAS will utilize current practices marketing practices to attract talent, including but not limited to social networking, college visitation programs, mail and or email campaigns, networking in the community and prospecting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of assigned Medical Center.
2. Follows the assigned Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Collaborates with senior leaders, business unit directors/managers and others as appropriate to develop and implement a strategic talent acquisition plan.
5. Provides training to new directors on applicant tracking software used.
6. Maintain knowledge of business supported and market demographics.
7. Provides high level sourcing of talented and diverse candidates by networking in the community and utilizing creative recruiting strategies to attract top talent. This includes corporate programs supporting social network initiatives, corporate programs to conduct email campaigns, resume searches and prospecting. Attend community sponsored job fairs and plan and conduct in house job fairs.
8. Ensure positive applicant experience by conducting professional interviews, timely applicant follow –ups throughout the hiring process. Initiates 30 and 60 day follow ups with new hires.
9 Manage the hiring process by effectively screening and interviewing candidates to meet client need; review job descriptions to ensure appropriate information included for advertisement, internet postings and targeted job boards; negotiation and communication of offer to successful candidates.
10. Maintains relationships with College Programs. Conducts student centered visits at RN, tech, OT/PT programs and others as needed. Establishes relationship with staff and/or student nurse president to network and generate candidates
11. Maintains accurate and up‘to‘date records of applicants not hired and/or reasons for declined offers for future reference and/or EEO purposes. Maintains files and records of recruitment activities including costs, current applications, special efforts conducted, applicant source data, etc. Prepares a variety of reports and analyses indicating recruitment activity for management's review.
12. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by Steward and demonstrated by:
a. Upholding the Steward Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adhering to and helping to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assuring timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two years of healthcare recruiting experience required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other related field preferred.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to Human Resources in order to effectively communicate with applicants, employees, team members, department managers/directors and administration.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Proven ability to work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Additional language skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of personnel management, employment and recruitment techniques, and laws relating thereto.
- Basic computer knowledge, i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook.