Talent Acquisition Specialist
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Summary: The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for all efforts surrounding recruitment and attracting new talent into the organization. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will have full-cycle recruitment responsibilities including but not limited to candidate sourcing and pre-screening, coordination, tracking, hiring and onboarding. Positions primarily consist of physician practice support roles.
• Effectively screen and interview potential candidates for functional compliance, applicable background, relevant skills, individual goals and overall fit within the department and organization
• Partner with management to thoroughly understand open positions and identify qualified candidates
• Provide proactive hiring solutions to hiring managers to deliver a competitive advantage within the talent space
• Update hiring managers and candidates regarding status of openings/applications timely
• Extend employment offers and monitor the candidate onboarding process
• Manage assigned job postings in the ATS to reflect accuracy
• Attend and host hiring events as needed
• Build relationships with local colleges, universities and community organizations to develop a continuous talent pipeline, ensure positive community relations, and create lasting relationships from which to source talent
• Ensure that time-to-hire is minimized to the degree possible
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
• Prior experience working in health care strongly preferred
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and to react to shifting priorities to satisfy business needs