Team Leader, Revenue Management
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise in timely and accurate billing and re-billing, follow up on active accounts receivable, and/or the favorable resolution of denials and underpayments. The revenue cycle associate leads reports to the central business office manager and/or director.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to the performance of audits/quality reviews to monitor adherence to Revenue Cycle policies, procedures, and performance expectations
- Select samples for auditing and review for accuracy, quality, and appropriate resolution for multiple departments across the Revenue Cycle
- Review reports related to productivity and summarize findings for leadership and/or individual representative feedback
- Identify, trend, track and monitor Revenue Cycle team performance and adherence to policies, procedures, and performance expectations
- Report findings to Revenue Cycle management and work in coordination with leadership to identify system deficiencies and problems with the goal to resolve and implement solutions, new processes, and training materials
- Responsible for driving increased performance improvement and efficiency in Revenue Cycle Services through productivity & quality reviews and audits
- Develop spreadsheets, charts, graphs and other quality related statistical analysis and reporting functions for both internal and external customers and clients
- Comply with and adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures, and leading practices
- Escalate issues, concerns, and/or other items to leadership as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 2 years minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required. Specific XClaim and/or Meditech experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end Revenue Cycle processes, including patient access, revenue integrity, and patient financial services
- Thorough understanding of Revenue Cycle workflows, policies, performance expectations, and technology applications
- Clear understanding of the impact quality assurance has on Revenue Cycle operations and financial performance
- Ability to understand scheduling, registration, charging, coding, billing, and collection processes to expedite quality auditing and data analysis
- Working knowledge of Revenue Cycle regulatory and governing standards
- Proficiency in statistics and analytic calculations to produce required reporting including spreadsheets, graphs, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and other standard office equipment
- Positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and professional in both appearance and approach
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office suite.