Team Leader, Revenue Management
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise in timely and accurate billing and re-billing, follow up on active accounts receivable, and/or the favorable resolution of denials and underpayments. The revenue cycle associate leads reports to the central business office manager and/or director.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments.
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of a payor or other operational team.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
- Identify and work with management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems.
- Assist in establishing long and short term unit goals and objectives to support department and corporate strategic plan.
- Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 2 years minimum experience in hospital billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise teams or groups of colleagues.
- Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required. Specific XClaim and/or Meditech experience a plus.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 2 years’ related experience.
- Software/Hardware: MS Office suite.