Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 9/7/2022
This position is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise to their immediate remote team for the timely and accurate reconciliation and posting of payments and denials for Steward Health Care. The Team Lead reports to the Cash Operations Manager.
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of the Cash Operations department.
- Independently manage and monitor daily work related to cash reconciliation and department workload.
- Work with management to identify and resolve problems with cash posting processes when appropriate.
- Provide subject matter expertise for posting processes.
- Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new Revenue Cycle Associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
- Responsible for Unapplied Cash Facility Accounts reconciliation to zero balance weekly/monthly. Identify trends by payor or cash posting personnel and provide feedback to manager to reduce posting cash to generic unapplied cash facility accounts.
- Resolve requests from other departments within Steward in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide back-up coverage for absent team members to meet daily timelines as needed.
- Maintain professional competency according to department policies and protocols for posting cash.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Expected to lead a 7 day week operation.
- Expected to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and deliverables.
- Work closely with Accounting Department on cash reconciliation issues.
- Work closely with EDI Department to ensure timely and accurately receipt of incoming ERA files for posting.
- Participate in financial and operational audits as requested.
- Provide regular feedback to the Cash Operations Manager and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ensure the proper and timely processing of payment related inquiries from the Billing and Collections departments.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work to assure program compliance with all applicable federal and state rules, regulations and laws related to healthcare billing.
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Remote office/or similar environment conducive to meeting job responsibilities including leading a remote staff.
- Proficient with Meditech Expanse system.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
- Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately and to organize and plan work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-growth, fast paced environment.
- Highly detail oriented, well organized and possess the ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3-5 years’ experience with medical billing/collection; cash posting experience preferred. Experience within a healthcare consulting firm or large company preferred. Five plus years of relevant work experience.
- Software/Hardware: Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & MS Word required. Meditech and FinThrive (XClaim) preferred.