Tech, Emergency Medical, ICU, Full Time, Day Shift (Sign On Bonus)
Knowledge of physiological, psychosocial and therapeutic components specific to assisting the appropriate treatment, and prioritizing of patients with real or potential life-threatening conditions, presenting to the Emergency Department of care.
Assist professional nursing staff and physician with the provision of emergency treatment to patients of all ages. Responsible for organized, systematic reception and categorization of patients, ensuring that immediate care is available for the seriously ill or injured patient. Determines priorities confidently and directs patient flow in a high paced environment, while maintaining composure and courtesy to patients and families.
May be needed to work beyond the regular environment, while maintain composure and courtesy to patients and families. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum one year experience as an Emergency Room Technician or related experience.
- Knowledge base requisite to the assessment and care for the emergency patient.
- Possesses effective crisis intervention skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English Language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assist with varied operative procedures and surgeon's verbal directives.
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment.
- EMT-P License required
- Telemetry trained. EKG Test required. Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- BLS Certification from the American Red Cross required
- ACLS and PALS Certification from the American Red Cross
- CPI within 90 days of employment