Provides indirect care in the department setting. Monitors cardiac rhythms via direct screen or telemetry monitors and reports arrhythmias to Registered Nurse/and Charge nurse. Meets communication needs of the department. Reports to the Registered Nurse in charge.
Position Qualification/Licenses & Certifications
Attendance and successful completion of:
a) Basic EKG course or Telemetry Technician course preferred; advanced EKG preferred.
b) 2 weeks telemetry observation with experienced personnel.
- One (1) year telemetry technician experience in similar job capacity preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Requires a through knowledge of basic cardiac monitoring functions and rhythms identification.
- Must be able to work rapidly under stressful situations with interruptions.
- BLS Certification from the American Red Cross
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization