Technical Assistant - Full Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in general laboratory experience, phlebotomy, and specimen processing. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
- Certification in phlebotomy by ASCP or NCA required. If experienced, would hire and obtain certification within one year.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Prepares laboratory specimens (blood/fluids, etc.) for shipment to reference labs by completing requisitions or utilizing the Lab Information System, processing samples, verifying specimen requirements and arranging for specimen pick up if necessary.
- Prepares patient samples for cytologic examination utilizing standard procedures.
- May process microbiology samples, performing simple stains and various culture set up techniques.
- Performs blood collection by venipuncture or micropuncture on adults, children, or infants using proper phlebotomy techniques in a courteous, professional manner.
- Processes specimens from inpatient and outpatient areas utilizing centrifugation, biological hoods and manual methods.
- May assist in the training of employees in areas of reference lab specimen processing and other types of sample preparation or phlebotomy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.