Technical Assistant – Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Distribution for distributing medical/surgical supplies. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in general laboratory experience, phlebotomy, and specimen processing. After orientation, up to six months' experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
- Certification in phlebotomy by ASCP or NCA required. If experienced, would hire and obtain certification within one year
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Prepares laboratory specimens (blood/fluids, etc.) for shipment to reference labs by completing requisitions or utilizing the Lab Information System, processing samples, verifying specimen requirements, and arranging for specimen pick up if necessary.
- Prepares patient samples for cytologic examination utilizing standard procedures.
- May process microbiology samples, performing simple stains and various culture set up techniques.
- Performs blood collection by venipuncture or micropuncture on adults, children, or infants using proper phlebotomy techniques in a courteous, professional manner.
- Processes specimens from inpatient and outpatient areas utilizing centrifugation, biological hoods and manual methods.
- May assist in the training of employees in areas of reference lab specimen processing and other types of sample preparation or phlebotomy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128302