Telecommunications Analyst - Remote Work Opportunity
The Telcom Analyst position primary responsibilities are to manage the telecommunication circuits for Steward Healthcare. This includes Circuit/Vendor Management, monthly analysis of our AP system (Capturis) for Telephone/Internet spend, and weekly analysis of Cost Center spending. He/She will be the key Liaison to our Telcom provider for all circuit ordering, contract administration, expediting install, transition of services (TOS) and terminations. Also, will be responsible for holding quarterly billing reviews and assisting Corporate Finance with Telco budget preparation, analysis, and forecasting. This is a work from home opportunity.
This position will be critical in looking at ways to maintain and reduce overall IT Telecommunication spend and at the same time meet and expand the bandwidth required by the business. The right candidate will have the skill and experience to integrate themselves into an organization quickly and assess issues that serve as barriers to a team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness
This position will require strong Telecomm skills and a solid understanding of IT Network Telecommunications operations, Project Management, Vendor and Budget Management.
This role will work closely with IT leaders and provide feedback in areas of IT Networking and circuit optimization and advancement. At the direction of your manager, will have responsibility for taking on various initiatives that help the company achieve its goals and organization objectives.
- Primary carrier liaison for telco operations issues including billing, disconnects, contract review and credits
- Maintain, update, and track new circuit order requests outside related to all orders with our vendors
- Assist AP in resolving past due accounts, identification of cost centers and general questions around vendor billing
- Capturis reporting and tracking our cost reduction actuals to plan for reporting to Finance
- Cost containment and vendor management for the Finance organization.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Telecomm and Circuit Vendor management and negotiations, experience in development of effective partnership with vendors.
- Strong background in IT Networking and Telecommunications Operations, Project Management principals and what is required to optimize an IT organization.
- Ability to effectively adapt to a rapidly changing industry and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering solutions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Telecomm industry and the portals of key vendors such as Windstream, Lumens/CenturyLink and Verizon, AT&T
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees, and senior management.
- Excellent oral, analytical and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Business required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): 5+ years of related experience working in Telecomm and managing initiatives in healthcare organization(s).
- Proficient in. telecom expense management, managed mobility services, and cloud expense management software such as Tango, Capturis and/or similar financial management and reporting tools
- Hands on experience in working with Telcom portals to search and report out on our vendors.
- Successfully managed contracts and associated legal documents with Vendors and Telecomm providers to meet our aggressive timelines for the implementation of new business, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Demonstrated high competency in Microsoft applications such as excel, word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competency with strong abilities in relationship management with Vendors and Finance.
- Experience in effectively communication with customer, employees, and senior management.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal ability to furnish information. 41 CFR 630-1.35.