Plans and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs to help patients develop, regain, or maintain their ability to perform daily activities. Teaches patients skills/techniques and how to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. Studies, evaluates, and records patients activities and progress. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Experience in fabrication of splints on upper extremities preferred. Hand therapy experience preferred. Typically reports to a manager. Requires a bachelors degree and is certified as an occupational therapist. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current FL Occupational Therapist License
- Current BLS Certification
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".