Trauma Quality Coordinator RN - Full Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for coordination of Emergency Medical Services including trauma between Trumbull Regional Medical Center and the Emergency Medical Services community. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in nursing, education or a health-related field preferred.
- Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required.
- Certified in TNCC within one year of job required.
- Previous experience in emergency care preferred.
- Successful completion of an approved trauma course preferred.
- Certification in emergency nursing by the Emergency Nurses Association preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Participates in the overall coordination of the Trauma Program.
- Serves as a liaison between Emergency Medical Services personnel, Emergency Department staff and Trauma Surgeons
- Works with Nurse Manager, Quality Department, Trauma Medical Director, and Emergency Department Physician Director to enhance the goals set forth by the hospital and the Trauma Department.
- Participates in the development of trauma educational opportunities for the physicians, nursing staff and allied health providers.
- Oversees and coordinates the trauma symposiums
- Coordinates and attends Trauma Peer Review Committee Meetings.
- Coordinates and attends Quarterly Trauma Systems Meetings.
- Enters trauma data into the State and National Registries. Responsible for the Trauma Registry activity within Trumbull Regional Medical Center, state and national registries.
- Participates in the preparation of reports and patient charts for the American College of Surgeons surveys and Joint Commission Disease Specific Survey.
- Represents Trumbull Regional Medical Center in local, state and national trauma activities as assigned.
- Conducts quality review with oversight of the inpatient injured and trauma cases.
- Organizes and promotes Injury Prevention Programs.
- Participates in the preparation for all types of governing body surveys including the Ohio Department of Health, Joint Commission, and American College of Surgeons surveys
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.