Travel - CAT Scan Technician
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
- Performs a variety of waived, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory tests in one or more sections of laboratory medicine as assigned using approved methodologies adhering to all prescribed policies and procedures related to testing.
- Reviews results for accuracy; prepares test reports and enters results into Laboratory Information Computer System. Notifies supervisor or appropriate health care professional of atypical test results exceeding test parameters in a timely manner. Seeks guidance from Medical Technologists when necessary.
- Maintains equipment in good working order. Performs and documents scheduled and necessary maintenance and calibration. Performs minor troubleshooting of instruments and takes corrective actions. Refers problems requiring advanced technical knowledge to a higher level.
- Reviews and records quality control values on tests performed to ensure reliability and accuracy in reporting patient results. Completes corrective action when necessary before reporting patient results. Assures proper documentation is completed. Refers unresolved issues to a higher level.
- Performs duties of MLT as needed; performs a variety of related clerical and support tasks such as requisitioning supplies, stocking supplies, answering telephones, etc. Participates in investigative projects. Ensures patient and client satisfaction with laboratory operations. Monitors specimen workflow at assigned workstation and laboratory in general to assure timely completion of testing.
- Performs all functions required for the laboratory to meet Standards specified by accrediting agencies with respect to written, technical and administrative procedures and policies covering test methodologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Laboratory Technician required.
One year of experience is preferred
Certification as a medical laboratory technician by ASCP or NCA required or must obtain certification within one year of hire date
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3)
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130364