Travel Nurse - ER
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Work within our network of 37 community hospitals as a full-time employee of Steward Health Care!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
ED POSITION SUMMARY
- The Emergency Room/ Emergency Department Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of team-oriented, age specific episodic patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation in accordance with the standards of care established by the Patient Care Services department and the Emergency Care Center.
- Performs accurate physiologic and psychosocial focused assessments for assigned patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of the expected plan of care and outcome for the illness or injury being treated. Communicates the plan of care to the patient or reinforces the physician’s plan of care. Implements nursing measures and treatment protocols according to established procedures.
- Evaluates the patient’s response to care or measures implemented. Reassesses vital signs in accordance with established procedures and as indicated by the patient’s condition. Reassesses physical parameters as indicated by the patient’s condition or treatment performed. Reports pertinent trends to the physician
- Implements technical aspects of care safely and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Utilizes established policies and procedures
- Accurately administers medications and parenteral solutions according to Patient Care Services and Emergency Care Center policies and procedures. Utilizes the Pyxis cabinet correctly, properly identifies the patient prior to administering medication, screens the patient for medication allergies, and reports adverse drug events in accordance with established policies.
- Accurately documents assessment data and patient responses to interventions. Completes documentation in a timely manner and completes it in a manner that facilitates prompt and accurate billing of the patient’s account
- Effectively communicates discharge instructions to the patient and family. Assesses patient and family understanding of the instructions. Uses language and methods appropriate to the patient’s age and education level.
- Effectively communicates with persons calling for advice. Maintains a friendly and helpful attitude and limits specific advice. Appropriately directs patient to resource to obtain care (Physician’s office, Emergency Care Center, Pharmacy, etc.). Performs ½ hour rounds on the patient in the waiting room and effectively documents on the ½ waiting room logs while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Performs activities that promote follow-up for patients (i.e., after hours x-rays, labs, follow-up phone calls.
- Effectively handles difficult patients or family members. Maintains a calm non-judgmental demeanor and documents his/her actions or results
- Utilizes downtime appropriately by ensuring treatment rooms are adequately stocked and following up with patients and families regarding change in treatment or to assess progress and satisfaction with care.
- Uses the AIDET/C.A.R.E.S consistently with dealing with patient and their families. Introduces him/herself, Explains the duration of the visit or stay, educates the patient about the disease process, testing, admission, etc. and thanks the patient and their families for choosing SRMC for their healthcare needs
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Current, active and unencumbered State RN license
- TNCC Certification
- 2 years of experience within the Emergency Room
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130486