Travel - PT - Physical Therapist
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
Assists in the collection of data for the assessment of physical, psychological and social dimensions of the patient to develop plan of care, implements clinical and technical aspects of care by following physician and nursing orders as written, makes sound judgments and effective decisions relative to patient care, administers medications in a safe effective manner, serves as a patient advocate, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes growth and direction of therapy services and supervises daily departmental functions.
- Observes personnel in performance of duties as to efficiency, skill, abilities and attitudes toward fellow workers and patients.
- Provides therapy to inpatient or outpatient clientele when schedule requires supervisor to assume patient caseload and evaluates patients utilizing standard techniques and establishes a treatment plan and goals.
- Consults with other professionals in the hospital or community.
- Ensures that all department medical record reports are completed in a timely manner and all entries are signed.
- Selects qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
- Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
- Recommends operating and capital budgets and monitors allocation of resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy required
2+ years of experience in a health care setting
Hospital experience, highly desired
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130332