Triage Clinician Part Time Days
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
***Triage Clinician 24hrs/Days
The Triage Clinician participates in the appropriate referral of substance abuse and dual diagnosis disorder patients. The Triage Clinician must be able to identify and differentiate mental health and substance abuse issues and needs to be knowledgeable concerning all levels of care in substance abuse treatment. Needs to support and engage patients over the telephone to maximize the patients access to treatment. Responsible for collecting accurate demographic and financial information, verifying insurance eligibility using POC and on-line eligibility resources. Responsible for scheduling and registering appointments for Evaluation Department.
The Triage Clinician will:
• Determine eligibility for admission by verifying insurance and checking ASAM criteria.
• Determine the appropriateness for admission or referral and schedules an appointment for initial evaluation.
• Identifies patients who are appropriate for the Evening Treatment Program (IOP) and makes appropriate referrals.
• Identifies patients who are not appropriate for inpatient and refers to outside agencies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the DMS-V and utilizes the diagnosis to assist in establishing the most appropriate type of care per ASAM criteria.
• Communicates with inpatient department to identify census and discharges along with pertinent information.
• Communicates with Evaluation Department staff to inform them of the admissions along with pertinent information.
• Reviews patient status with physician and other health care professionals when medical or psychiatric concern exists.
• Documents all required information to process patients care with insurance reviewers including when insurance pre-certification or pre-registration are required with appropriate telephone numbers.
• Documentation ensures compliance with court, insurance, accreditation, regulations and hospital policies.
• Registers patients into the EMR system.
• Maintains Professional Boundaries with patients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Participated as a member of the healthcare team to ensure quality services.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
• Attends Staff Meetings
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work by participating in the Quality Improvement activities for the department.
• Responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills using available resources (i.e.: Steward University, in services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
• Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Knowledge of DMS-V and ASAM criteria.
• 42 CFR – Part 2 law governing patient confidentiality in Substance Use Disorder Treatment Programs.
• Associates Degree (AD) in Behavioral Health or similar field of study required.
• Bachelor’s in Behavioral Health or related field of study degree preferred.
• AD: one year substance abuse experience required.
• Bachelor’s: experience in substance use disorders and/or psychiatric field preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Experience with EMR, particularly Meditech, preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws