Tumor Tech Registrar/MQSA Coordinator
The Tumor Registry Coordinator is responsible for identification and maintenance of data on all cancer patients in accordance with the Pennsylvania Cancer Registry.
Completes Data entry and ensures compliance with Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) regulations. Works closely with physician offices regarding necessary testing for patients. Maintains required documentation, generates letters to patients with specific outcomes, and tracks patients’ compliance with testing recommendations.
- Administers, directs, and coordinates all activities of the Tumor Registry Program in accordance with PCR standards and Commission on Cancer Standards.
- Responsible for the operation of data consistent with established policies and procedures. Will work in an orderly and efficient manner with data.
- Establishes a database according to the following regulatory agency guidelines, State, Federal, and the College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Gathers all pertinent data for patient abstract and enters data electronically into ERS.
- Acts as a liaison between the Tumor Committee, Administration, and other hospital departments. Schedules quarterly Tumor Committee meetings and maintains meeting minutes. Participates in Tumor and Breast Conference.
- Serves as a resource to multiple disciplines for registry data such as; Medical Staff, Administration, and other authorized hospital personnel or departments.
- Reports all eligible malignancy and blood disease cases to the Pennsylvania Department of Health through the Cancer Registry as mandated by state law. Reporting data according to the Pennsylvania Cancer Registry reporting requirements.
- Stays current with materials from regulatory agencies and notifies proper individuals of changes or updates. Reviews all material from the Pennsylvania Cancer Registry and the American College of Surgeons
- Assists the Tumor Committee with establishment of Quality Improvement Program which includes use of Tumor Registry statistics.
- Enters MQSA information into the computer system. Tracking Bi-Rads Categories 0,3,4,2, and 6, Pathology results, sending recall and reminder letters to patients and physicians, and contacting physician offices to check on scheduling of testing, outcomes, etc.
- Assists with follow-up procedure phone calls regarding MQSA. Sends Monthly reminder letters, recall letters, six (6) month follow-up letters, and track and send Bi-Rad cat 4,5, and 6 letters.
- Works with Lead Mammo Tech to assure the Medical Center follows all MQSA guidelines.
- Works closely with the Radiologists and Lead Technologist regarding pathology reports. Prints pathology reports and fax to referring physician(s). Have Radiologist dictate addendum into reports with Pathology information.
- Attends and participates in MQSA inspections as needed. Prepare Audit reports and work with Lead Technologist to ensure Audit reports are complete and signed.