Ultrasound ECHO Technologist
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our Continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs ultrasound and vascular procedures. Contributes to the efficient operation of the Medical Imaging Department ensuring the quality and continuity of patient care.
Registered ARRT or ARDMS - registered within 1 year of hire
Grad of accredited Ultrasound or Radiography Program
CPR within 2 months of the start date
- Provides ultrasonography education to visitors, patients, coworkers, and students.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas in accordance with scope of practice and following Health System and Medical Imaging policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for staying current on new procedures and new technology in the ultrasound department.
- Performs patient assessment.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound procedures to Administrative, Patient Care Services and Medical Imaging policies and procedures with emphasis on consistent delivery of care in a compassionate and respective manner to patients and significant others during interactions.
- Provides accurate documentation as needed in daily activities.
- Assumes personal responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Performs equipment quality control tests and reports deficiencies according to department procedures. Maintains good communication skills between the radiologist, cardiologist, and other physicians within Health System.
- Demonstrates through knowledge of cross-sectional and sagittal anatomy and pathophysiology.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation time and Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID Message:
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their family. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.