At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Ultrasonography Technologist: will perform ultrasonography procedures including abdominal, gynecological, O/B, and vascular exams; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director. Technologist will: - Perform all technical procedures within the respective modality sections as described in the Radiology Policy Manual. - Meet the technical competency requirements for the position. - Maintain an effective working relationship with all staff. - Participate in professional education programs, patient/staff safety initiatives, and quality assurance/ improvement activities.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintain open communication with departmental leadership and other staff regarding patient care delivery, technical operations, equipment utilization, regulatory compliance, and continuing education.
- Ensure that all patients have a thorough understanding of the procedure to be performed and communicate relevant information in a compassionate and professional manner to patients undergoing procedures.
- Work with technologists and support staff to coordinate patient flow by monitoring hospital information and scheduling systems.
- Participate in departmental and institutional quality assurance/improvement programs and adhere to required infection control, environmental care, radiation safety, and general safety procedures to ensure overall patient, staff, and public safety.
- Monitor and perform required quality control on all imaging instrumentation, survey meters, calibrators, and other devices to ensure appropriate functionality and coordination of required service.
- Optimally perform all technical procedures associated within respective modalities, and assists in imaging procedures as directed by the radiologist as well as perform complicated intravenous and intramuscular injections as required by modality and in accordance with HWPs.
- Perform routine back-up, transfer, archive and retrieval of imaging studies and maintain all necessary records and reports in a correct, timely, and efficient manner as well as create and evaluate softcopy and hardcopy production as needed.
- Ensure that all Federal, State, and local regulatory, accreditation, and organizational guidelines are met when performing job functions including during the receipt, administration, storage, disposal, and general management of radiology pharmaceuticals, supplies, and materials.
- Ensure quality patient care by helping to establish an orderly, clean, caring, and professional environment.
- Maintain departmental stocks and supplies and assist in managing an appropriate and fiscally responsible supply inventory by adhering to the established materials management program.
- Ensure that business and patient information (e.g., images, demographics and reports) is properly handled with proper measures dedicated to the maintenance of security and confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- establish intravenous access; administer imaging contrast media as directed by departmental policies and procedures and HWPs
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Documented training and experience in ultrasonography
• Current BLS certification
• Current ARDMS registered certification with RDMS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation.
• Current ARDMS registered certification in Abdomen with RDMS(AB) designation - OR - ARDMS registered certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with RDMS(OB/GYN) designation
• For technologists primarily performing vascular sonography: current ARDMS registered certification in Vascular Technology with RVT designation and/or current CCI registered certification as a Registered Vascular Specialist with RVS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Vascular Sonography with RT(VS) designation** (** registered certification is only required if needed to satisfy site modality accreditation requirements)
• For technologists performing nuchal translucency sonography: current NTQR or equivalent Nuchal Translucency registered certification
• For technologists performing breast sonography: current ARRT registered certification in Breast Sonography with RT(BS) designation and/or current ARDMS registered certification in Breast with RDMS(BR) designation** (**registered certification is only required if needed to satisfy site modality accreditation requirements)
• Preferred current ARDMS registered certification in Musculoskeletal with RMSKS designation
In addition to the above, the following skills are required for all technologist positions:
- Ability to use computers
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Ability to hear and respond to staff and patient needs
- Ability to physically position patients
- Ability to manipulate imaging equipment
Documented training and experience in ultrasonography
Documented training and experience in ultrasonography
See Required Knowledge & Skills above
Imaging acquisition, processing, reviewing, sending, and retrieving equipment (hardware and software); Hospital information system equipment (hardware and software); Communication equipment (e.g., fax, telephone, email, etc)