Ultrasound Tech-Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Ultrasonography Technologist will perform ultrasonography procedures including abdominal, gynecological, O/B, and vascular exams; will work under the supervision of the modality supervisory technologist and modality medical director. Perform all technical procedures within the respective modality sections as described in the Radiology Policy Manual. The Ultrasonography Technologist must have excellent assessment skills, clinical skills, organizational skills, and computer knowledge. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Documented training and experience in ultrasonography
- Current BLS certification
- Current ARDMS registered certification with RDMS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation.
- Current ARDMS registered certification in Abdomen with RDMS(AB) designation - OR - ARDMS registered certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with RDMS(OB/GYN) designation
- For technologists primarily performing vascular sonography: current ARDMS registered certification in Vascular Technology with RVT designation and/or current CCI registered certification as a Registered Vascular Specialist with RVS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Vascular Sonography with RT(VS) designation** (** registered certification is only required if needed to satisfy site modality accreditation requirements)
- For technologists performing nuchal translucency sonography: current NTQR or equivalent Nuchal Translucency registered certification
- For technologists performing breast sonography: current ARRT registered certification in Breast Sonography with RT(BS) designation and/or current ARDMS registered certification in Breast with RDMS(BR) designation** (**registered certification is only required if needed to satisfy site modality accreditation requirements)
- Preferred current ARDMS registered certification in Musculoskeletal with RMSKS designation
- Software/Hardware: Imaging acquisition, processing, reviewing, sending, and retrieving equipment (hardware and software); Hospital information system equipment (hardware and software); Communication equipment (e.g., fax, telephone, email, etc)
Important COVID message
Please note, Good Samaritan Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.