Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist
The successful candidate will:
- Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information; ensuring the patient is properly prepared; obtaining relevant patient history and assuring proper positioning. Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested. Provides complete documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with an initial interpretation
- Correlates medical history with test required and decides the correct performance of examination
- Explains the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs. Follows HIPPA standards to maintain patient privacy and disclosure of protected patient information.
- Completes documentation for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam in paper and/or electronic patient medical records.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imagine techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participates in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines
- High school diploma plus graduation from post-secondary education or certificate program, Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Sonography
- 5 years of Ultrasound experience preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Demonstrates competency in all RIS applications.
- Documented training and experience in Ultrasonography.
- Current BLS certification.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.