"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Serves as unit receptionist, greeting visitors and, when necessary, directing personnel to
- Checks unit and individual e-mail at least once a shift.
- Serves as a resource/preceptor to new unit secretaries and RNs regarding computer training needs/skills.
- Answers telephones using proper etiquette and relays messages/information as necessary.
- Pages Codes as directed using correct emergency number.
- Pages health care providers as directed.
- Serves as a communications liaison between unit and other departments.
- Serves as a communication liaison among patients, family members, doctors and nurses.
- Participates in staff meetings/conferences as appropriate. Attends monthly unit
- Maintains a professional demeanor to patients, professional staff, co-workers, and maintains
positive customer relations skills.
- Distributes mail.
- Arranges patient transport using the VIP system.
- Brings all sign-in sheets to staffing office daily.
- Assembles new admit packets and charts with forms printed to Blue Chip printer on admission.
- Obtains old medical records from the Medical Record Department as needed.
- Labels patients room according to unit protocol.
- Calls admitting with all new admits, transfers and room changes to the unit in a timely manner.
- Obtains HO assignments for all new admissions, transfers, and post them.
- Using the Blue Chip System, Forms are printed as needed: Patient ID bracelets,
Patient labels, Face sheet, Physician orders, Multi-disciplinary Notes, Emergency
Department forms, Med. sheets, Consult sheets, Consent forms and Kardex.
- Takes information on new admissions and transfers from the Admitting department and communicates this information to charge nurse.
- Makes sure patient teaching tools are at the bedside.
- Calls transport using the VIP system to send patient valuables (in a valuable envelope)
to the cashier's office.
TRANSCRIPTION OF PHYSICIAN ORDERS:
- Transcribes physician's orders according to the nursing policy and procedure.
- Enter ordered diets into computer and notifies dietary office when the diet has been changed
and also updates the changes in the computer.
- Coordinates the scheduling of tests, lab work and consults.
- Enters consults, labs, tests, diets into the computer.
- Files all paper work: Flow sheets, Medication sheets, Blood Bank Forms for patients who
have had Transfusions, Radiology, MRI, CT, Operative Reports and EKGs.
- Maintains the patient's medical record assuring that forms are in the proper place under correct tab.
- Thins charts as needed and properly labels the thinned medical record using correct label.
- Checks all charts daily to make sure there is blank Physician Order sheets, blank Multi-disciplinary
Progress Notes and Patient labels.
- Prepares pre-operative packets to be sent with patients going to the operating room.
- Initiates appropriate CareMap on each patient.
- Immediately processes discharges in the computer.
- Prepares discharge medical records, including any thinned charts, and old records,
- Enters discharge date in census/log and informs Environmental Services.
- Sends Discharge Summary and Referral with patient upon discharge when appropriate.
- Books ambulance, Chair car, per request of Care Manager.
- Faxes documents to other hospitals or Facilities on discharge per Care Manager.
- Maintains daily supply stock, including CSR, Patient Equipment, laundry and pharmacy
- Communicates supply needs to Unit Coordinator. Orders supplies for immediate
use as necessary.
- Calls CSR, Patient Equipment, Central Processing, Laundry as needed for supplies for
immediate on in time use.
- Notifies the Help Desk with mal functioning computers.
- Notifies Maintenance any broken machines/ beds.
- Notifies the Operator problems with the telephones on the unit.
- Keeps informed of any changes in report procedures, as in death certificates, patient
restraints, patients at risk for falls.
- Maintains census book accuracy during the shift with admissions, transfers, deaths and
- Maintains and updates Patient Assignment board.
- Keeps area of Nurses station neat and clutter free.
- Maintains unit assignment sheet on a daily basis and files in binder or unit for a period of 3 years.
- Prints all computer reports as necessary.
- Serves as unit's "Downtime Resource" for all staff.
- Orients new staff to DT procedures and DT packet.
- Assures that the Downtime packet is accessible and well stocked with requisition forms needed during any downtime period.
- Attends unit secretary monthly meetings.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Performs all other related or similar duties as requested or required by PCD or designee to
facilitate patient care or unit function.
V. Reporting Requirements:
Reports immediately to the PCD or designee any delays or difficulties in the delivery of services.
Reports to the PCD or designee situations requiring his/her attention.
Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of patient-related data and information.
Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
Shall be responsible for observing all policies and procedures of the Nursing Division.
Shall be responsible for maintaining professional and courteous behavior.