At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Clinical Secretary maintains an efficient and smooth operational patient care station. Maintains daily time and attendance as directed by the department director
- Communicates compassion and respect when working with customers including but not limited to patients, physicians, visitors and staff.
- Answers call lights and communicates information to an appropriate health care provider immeadiately if unable to resolve personally.
Completes consults in a timely manner
Communicates staffing and scheduling needs to Staffing coordinator after receiving input from Clinical Manager and staff.
Orders and maintains supplies required for patient care delivery.
Collaborates with Staffing Co-ordinator and Housekeeping personnel to ensure efficient and thorough cleaning of rooms.
Makes daily rounds to ensure all supplies such as rounding sheets-blue cards- phones- call lights and pillows are on each bed.
Collaborates with Staffing Co-ordinator regarding the management of bed allocation.
Provides general clerical support to assigned patient care unit. This includes
- Information Management
- Telephone Communication
- Documentation Memorandums
- Mail Delivery
- Medical Record Management
- Secure Medical Records
- Supply necessary documentation forms
- Communicates with Medical Records
- discharge phone calls
- arranges follow up PCP appointments for Hospitalist physicians.
- Completes timesheets timesheets
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments
- High School Diploma / GED
- Clearances per Federal and State requirement
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time