Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first-class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital's highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Unit Secretary/ER Support Specialist
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Emergency Services Director and Clinical Coordinator, the ER Support Specialist performs clerk duties at the Emergency Department Nursing Station, while functioning as the focal communication source for the Department. The ER Support Specialist performs non-clinical duties of which include payroll functions, scheduling, maintaining transfer logs, enforcing facility and department policies and procedures, etc. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Has previous experience in clerical positions, hospital experience, or has completed equivalent training program.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer Service skills mandatory.
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
- Expanded hours that allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments organized to ensure a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
“Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”