Unit Secretary ED
About Florence Hospital
Newly opened in July 2019, Florence Hospital, a campus of Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 36-bed hospital offering emergency care, as well as surgical, imaging and laboratory services. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience to residents of Pinal County.
The Health Unit Coordinator position is responsible for accurately registering patients and recording births. This position has initial contact with patients and/or patient representative, physicians, and physicians staff and is responsible for completing, verifying and accurately entering all vital information required for the treatment and billing of all patients. This position also requires entering all physician orders accurately. Provides indirect care in the department setting. Meets communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records with notation and signatures by nursing staff as required. Prepares and completes records in the department. Maintains regulatory body requirement, policies and procedures and participates in performance improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with computer based charting and other clinical software programs
- Adaptability to change, multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Prior hospital and/or registration experience preferred.
- Competence and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Must demonstrate excellent listening, communication and public relations skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123502