Unit Secretary Emergency Room Full-Time Days
Responsible for performing general secretarial and clerical duties in the Emergency Room. Interacts with patients, families and physicians on a daily basis. Assists the nursing staff in coordinating the activity of the unit. Oversees the orderliness of nurses’ desk areas and forms and other clerical supplies.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Strong computer and typing skills, working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/ detect changes in human physiological condition.
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment.
- BLS from the American Heart Association within 30 days of employment
- CPI within 90 days of employment.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization