EnduraCare is committed to providing the best possible clinical care for our patients, creating a positive working environment for our employees and developing successful partnerships with our customers. Rehab and quality service are our passion.
Responsible for greeting patients and visitors to the department, for directing external and internal communications, and for coordinating the flow of patients through the operation. This position reports to the office manager/director and accepts tasks as directed and assigned. Follows policies and procedures of the hospital/facility and EnduraCare Acute Care Services, LLC.
Work will be performed primarily indoors at one of our healthcare facilities, throughout all areas, including in patient rooms, and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will be performed routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, patients, and guests. Due to the nature of facility’s business, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
• Practice ethical responsibility based on cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served, as well as applicable law.
• Consistently observe company and facility administrative, clinical and departmental policies and procedures.
• Organize time effectively and perform tasks efficiently.
• Ensures accuracy & completeness of work performed.
• Demonstrate self-motivation in performing job duties and follow through with assignments.
• Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance.
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication. Makes eye contact, shows concern. Displays pleasant and courteous phone manners at all times.
• Consistently displays behavior that enhances the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all customers including co-workers.
• Demonstrated basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Internet and Intranet navigation.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Good communication skills including ability to handle complaints, objections and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and demonstrates the ability to field intermittent interruptions while providing optimal care to patient.
• Deliver service through a team approach that includes all disciplines, team members and patients.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
• Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
• Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with employees and vendors.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
• Moderate physical activity: o Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
o Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
o Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
o Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
o Requires consistent computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen.